Korea A Tour Of Duty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korea A Tour Of Duty

A forum for all military and civilian personnel who served in Korea

*** DO NOT CLICK ON ANY DOWNLOAD or PLAY BUTTONS - they are not part of the forum ***
*** THE BLOCK BELOW THIS ONE IS NOT PART OF THE FORUM. DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING IT DISPLAYS ***

2 posters

1/20th Arty

raven316
    raven316
    Cherry
    Cherry

1/20th Arty Empty 1/20th Arty

Post by raven316 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:32 am

When I rotated from Korea in the spring of 68 I was assigned to the 1/20th Arty, Honest John at Ft Lewis. It was miserable duty as I recall. Lot's of rewinding and greasing the winches on the duece-and-a-half's. Three of us that were RA found a guy in post replacement and got him to get us into a unit that was going to the Nam. And that is how I ended up in the 972nd Signal Bn.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

1/20th Arty Empty Re: 1/20th Arty

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 am

raven316 wrote:When I rotated from Korea in the spring of 68 I was assigned to the 1/20th Arty, Honest John at Ft Lewis. It was miserable duty as I recall. Lot's of rewinding and greasing the winches on the duece-and-a-half's. Three of us that were RA found a guy in post replacement and got him to get us into a unit that was going to the Nam. And that is how I ended up in the 972nd Signal Bn.

FA to Honest John to Signal. Now that's variety!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am